With the advancement of new technologies the business workplace is rapidly transforming and is becoming incompatible with the traditional PC desktop/workstation model. Workers require greater flexibility in how they access information and the varied devices with which to access.
The Traditional PC desktop has become an obsolete model that hinders growth, restricts new business development and restricts workforce mobilization and flexibility. In addition, the traditional model has high capital and operational costs attached to it.
- Installation (physical installation of new hardware/software)
- Software licences
- Anti-virus software
- Support/Help Desk
- Reduced Capital costs (Hardware, Physical Space)
- Reduced power consumption (increased energy savings)
- Virtual Workforce – Flexibility to work from anywhere anytime
- Accommodates growth – Does not require heavy capital expenditures